Sunday, March 30, 2008

MATTHEWS STILL DREAMY ABOUT OBAMA

Here are some more notably creepy musings by CNBC’s Chris Matthews. You can see by the first and third quotes that he is still dreaming of a love child with Barack Obama. But all three are worth noting in their own disturbing kind of way:

"A speech worthy of Abraham Lincoln....What I personally view as the best speech ever given on race in this coun-try....I think this is the kind of speech I think first graders should see, people in the last year of college should see before they go out in the world. This should be, to me, an American tract. Something that you just check in with, now and then, like reading Great Gatsby and Huckleberry Finn....One of the great speeches in American history."— MSNBC’s Chris Matthews talking about Barack Obama’s speech on race relations, March 18 Hardball.

"This country’s in a rut, on the war in Iraq and pending wars elsewhere in the Middle East, the economy, everything, we’re in a rut. We can’t fix anything, whether it’s Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, we can’t fix our health care system. Nothing’s [been] done since ’65 when we did the civil rights bill. People want something done."— MSNBC’s Chris Matthews during live coverage of the Texas and Ohio primaries, March 4.

JD – Apparently he thinks we should go both barrels into militarism and fascism. We’re not moving fast enough though, by his reckoning.

Host Chris Matthews: "[Barack Obama’s book, Dreams of My Father, is] unique because he’s a politician and not since U.S. Grant has a politician written his own book-"
Radio Host Michael Smerconish: "Exactly."
Matthews: "- and that is refreshing."
Smerconish: "Yes."
Matthews: "And your thoughts here? Did you read the book? Once you read it you have a different take. It’s almost like Mark Twain. It’s so American, it’s so textured. It’s so, almost sounding like great fiction because it reads like us. It’s picturesque. Is that the right word, ‘picturesque’? I think it’s got that quality."— Exchange on MSNBC’s Hardball, March 13.

Apparently, he's still getting that "...thrill [that] goes up my leg."


_________________________________________________

On another note:

We’re seeing story after news story about the meteoric rise in food prices. But I see little reference to what’s causing the rise -- Ethanol-monomania! Politicians preach “alternate energy” with infatuate zeal knowing full well how ludicrous their delusions are on the public, while the public’s pathetic meatballism turns the rhetoric into endless and complicit subsidizing for farmers and energy companies. Jeez, how do we wake these people up?!

JD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JD,
I just came across your blog as I was searching for new articles about my son. You have a true flare for writing. Your doctor was right on, "You Don't". What I can tell you is what a difference it makes knowing that he is in Heaven now. I was fortunate to have such a wonderful son, a son who never complained even in his last days. He let God do his work. I was so angry at the big guy upstairs for so long until my son set me straight. He said "Dad, if I am not mad at him then you can't be either". What a profound statement from a dying young man. The world was a much better place with him in it. Our loss is Heaven's gain.

Todd Florence
Eli's Proud Dad