Sunday, May 6, 2007

UNINSPIRED

Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have turned my nose up to every presidential candidate so far and have not pledged my life, allegiance and first born male child to B. Hussein Obama. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel I must be missing something, something that must be breathtakingly obvious in…the man, the myth.

Here is a guy who is basically an empty slate. Does anyone know what he’s done or what he stands for? I know he had a known mobster help him obtain his house, and an adjacent piece of property, for a pretty good price. But on the world stage, what has he done? I know he served a stint in the Illinois Legislature, but looking at his record, I see nothing spectacular, or even mildly interesting, leaving out the stuff that I would disagree with him on from a philosophical standpoint. Yet prospective voters are kneeling to kiss his ring in droves. They know nothing about him, except that the press treats him like a literal reincarnation of John F. Kennedy without the historical lack of relevance.

Now as a U.S. Senator, he says the war was a ploy to distract voters from domestic issues impacting minorities. Also, to “distract us from the a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty state, a drop in the medium income, to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That’s what I’m opposed to.” Apparently he sees a different ticker tape than the rest of us who understand the stock market. But for real!...We invaded Iraq to divert attention from all that? We went to WAR for that? Does that sound dangerously naïve to anyone but me? On the other hand, I do recall one certain President who bombed a baby aspirin factory on the very same day he and his mistress were to have a meeting with the legal system…

Yet in his own book “The Audacity of Hope” he says he believed that Saddam had chemical and biological weapons, coveted nuclear arms, scoffed at UN resolutions and butchered his own people. Again, I’m so confused!!!

Could the appeal be due to his humble roots and personal story of struggle and pain? Let’s review:

- Born to a well-off middle class white woman and a Harvard PH.D. father.
- Attended private school his entire life.
- Admitted to Columbia University.
- Admitted to Harvard Law School.
- President of the Harvard Law Review.
- Oh, this must be the one - Children in private school, according to the Boston Globe, sometimes made fun of his unusual name.

INSPIRING! Yet the CNN.com poll question on a recent Saturday was “Does Barack Obama’s life story inspire you?”

In a recent speech, – actually, all his speeches are recent considering he was just invented – he asked Christians, Jews and Muslims to convene on Capitol Hill and give an “injection of morality” by opposing a repeal of the estate tax. A repeal of the estate tax? WWJP, what would Jesus pay?

Speaking of CNN, I just watched an interview on 60 Minutes with Lou Dobbs. He doesn’t seem to come across as a real bright guy, does he? When asked by Lesley Stahl why he doesn’t like President Bush, Lou stated the following; “Whether it’s outsourcing, the war in Iraq, just disregard for our middle class?” (I end that with a question mark because he ends his statements with an upward inflection, indicating uncertainty and insecurity, like so many white, straight liberal men…Lou is what’s becoming known as a SNAG, an acronym for Sensitive New-Age Geek!) This guy has his own show?! I’ve learned not to expect much from dopes like this, but “Outsourcing?” “Disregard for the middle class?” Clueless! Head-in-the-sand clueless. If you’re reading this and I have to explain the role of outsourcing in a market economy, let me know. If you forgot, or don’t know, that your taxes were lowered by the Bush tax cuts, let me know that too and we’ll have a review.

Let's end with the real important stuff:
When asked for her reaction to her recent sentencing, an obviously distraught Paris Hilton responded that she was treated unfairly and then….well, she said she was going shopping. Again, I don’t make this stuff up!

JD.

No comments: